Saturday, April 26, 2008

My First Attempt At A Transition Hairstyle (4/26/08)



Ok…so yesterday I announced the “official” start day of my journey. Well, after the big announcement, I gave my hair a ‘no poo’ wash. The term “no poo” means to NOT use shampoo. Chemicals in some shampoos can irritate and dry out your scalp and hair, especially African American hair. I opted for a ‘no poo’ wash using a hair conditioner and oiled my scalp with 100% natural coconut oil. Ahhh…a freshly cleaned head of hair!!!

Afterwards, I gazed into the mirror at myself and wondered how would I style my hair. I made the big decision to go natural yesterday, but I had no clue as to how I would style my hair. After much needed research on the internet, I decided to go with a straw/rod set combo to style my hair. I prayed that it would work…and from what I see…it did!!! I love it…and so does my husband and son!!!

No comments:

Locked Down In Chi-Town Sisterlocks Group (My Pics)

My Devotional Podcast - Spiritual Eyes Ministry Devotional Podcast