Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Graduation - July 19, 2008




Today is my special day…my graduation from graduate school with my Master’s Degree in Forensic Science!!! What an accomplishment and milestone this is for me! I’m so proud of myself for making it to the end. It all started in October 2005 with me entering graduate school, encountering some ups and downs along the way, and now I’m here graduating from National University today, July 19, 2008. All of my graduate studies were done online which made it very convenient for me…as I am a wife, mother, and I work full-time. I couldn’t have picked a better school! National University is an excellent school for online studies and I’m proud to call it my alma mater. On Friday, July 18th, I flew into Los Angeles and stayed with a cousin in Pasadena, California. My mother and my son flew in from Jackson, Mississippi to Los Angeles to attend my graduation. We drove the hour and a half to San Diego for the graduation the next day. The graduation ceremony was wonderful and something I will never forget. I stayed until Monday afternoon, then my son and I flew back home to Indiana. Here are a few pics from my graduation!

1 comment:

Angel Locs said...

Hi Kiki

Congratulations on achieving your goal. I will graduate Oct 24, 2008 with a BA in Psychology. I will also continue my education for my MA in Marriage and Family Therapy. I to will begin my SL journey soon, I have been natural for about a month and a half now. Sporting my TWA(tiny weeny afro) and loving the freedom.

I will keep an eye on you and follow your journey with you. Hope you don't mind if I add you to my blogroll

Locked Down In Chi-Town Sisterlocks Group (My Pics)

My Devotional Podcast - Spiritual Eyes Ministry Devotional Podcast