Monday, August 25, 2008

The Birth Of My Sisterlocks - August 24, 2008



I'm bubbling with excitement over finally being Sisterlocked. My installation was from August 22nd - August 24th. Labor lasted 27 hours over 3 days and my Sisterlocks were finally delivered on August 24th, 2008 at 10:00pm. I would like to thank my Sisterlocks consultant, Shirley Bobbitt, for working diligently on my hair and starting me on my Sisterlocks journey. After the installation was complete, I went home, rolled my hair with Lock Loops, and went to bed. The next day, I removed the Lock Loops, finger-combed my hair, and put on a headband. That's it...took less than 5 minutes!!! I can't believe I'm Sisterlocked...still trying to soak all of this in!!!! I can't wait to see all of the transformations my Sisterlocks will go through...I love my Sisterlocks...let the journey begin!!!

9 comments:

Khandi said...

Congratulations!
Welcome to the family and enjoy your journey.
Loving the curls

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, I love the curls I will be getting my babies soon an can't wait. I am from the UK so I don't know if I will be able to get the loops but I will definitely try now that I have seen your curls. Keep us posted as I will be following your journey like a stalker. LOL

Ro~ said...

YEAH!!!! Congratultions & welcome to the family!

CarmenNC said...

Congratulations. Shirley did a grand installation.

luvlockd said...

congratulations! your locks are adorable! i had my locks installed in june and only wish i had done it sooner...

anthia-ofo said...

Oooh they're lovely.... Sooo tiny.

naturalnicky said...

Your hair looks just beautiful Kiki. Your consultant did a great job. Enjoy the journey as I am already enjoying mine. Keep us updated on your progress.

leightred said...

Congratulations, Kiki and welcome to the SL journey. Hey girl, us being in Indiana and all we should start a SL gals and guys evening out or something.LOL Seriously

Natural And Free (Naturally KiKi) said...

Thanks everyone for the congrats!!! I am loving my Sisterlocks...just wish I had started the journey sooner!!!

Locked Down In Chi-Town Sisterlocks Group (My Pics)

My Devotional Podcast - Spiritual Eyes Ministry Devotional Podcast